Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Habit -- Eloheim

The choice for consciousness is challenging, but habitual response is a pit of pain.

You get a shovel or a ladder, it's your choice to dig yourself in deeper or to climb up the ladder and out of the pit. The shovel is repeating habit, it's you not being willing to say, "What the hell is going on here in me? Not with him, not with her, not with the boss, not with the kids, not with the bank, not with the credit card statement but within me. What is going on in me?"

"Am I going to dig myself in deeper out of fear, guilt, lack, victim hood, or am I going to put my hand on the ladder and say something has to change? And am I going to keep climbing the ladder even when my pit partners look at me and say, `What are you doing? Where are you going? Who do you think you are? You're getting too big for your britches!'" and all those other lines that they might give you. The ladder isn't just a hop. You're so far down in these pits of habitual response that you need one of those tall ladders, but the beauty is your ladder is tall enough.

You figure it out by putting one foot in front of the other and continuing to make the choices that say, "Habit is not who I am." Because when habit gets to tell you who you are, the scenery doesn't change. Do you want a shovel or a ladder? We will not give you shovels. But we have loads of ladders of all different sizes, shapes, and lengths and we even know how to make them taller. So if you get dug down in there, don't think you're ever lost. You're not ever lost in the pit of habit. You simply have to keep making the choice.

We're standing there cheering you on. Just lift your foot. We know it's challenging to break habits, but it will get easier. If you want your life to change, you need to choose and choose again to climb the ladder of consciousness.

~Eloheim
http://eloheim.com/6343/tool-tuesday-shovel-or-ladder/
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home